Embrace the wonder that is…Social Media
No, I don’t just mean ‘facebooking’ long lost friends, although this is a great bonus, I mean creating a list of business connections on Linkedin, sharing specialist topics and trends on Twitter, photo sharing on Flickr, video sharing on youtube and blogging about all things media and comms related on WordPress etc. And what’s more linking each of these together to maximise the potential for hits, followers and networking with those in the media industry.
I am particularly interested in how social media can be used by companies to create successful PR and Marketing strategies. Perhaps due to a lack of understanding, many companies seem to be concerned and sceptical about moving from traditional media platforms and into this new realm.
However, social media doesn’t need to be used as a replacement but instead combined with the likes of print and broadcast media to reach a wide range of stakeholders. They can then be involved in two-way dialogue throughout a campaign as they’re encouraged to post opinions and feedback. It is then vital for companies to respond to these posts ensuring that they are seen to be listening to their publics and taking action. In my opinion, engaging with publics is essential to build relationships and create a mutual understanding on a particular point or issue.
If you have ever wondered why everyone claims it’s important for businesses to get on board the social media bandwagon then check out the slide show below. It provides astonishing figures and statistics about the amount of users posting, commenting and connecting online every day. Just ignore the swearing!
No comments yet.
- The Blogger’s Experience
- #The Twitter Challenge
- The Key To Effective Journalism: Embrace Social Media
- Features- how do you write yours?
- Bournemouth locals advised not to worry about high crime rates
- A condensed guide to media law
- Patch Reporting: How to find a newsworthy story
- A beginners guide to reporting
- PR v Journalism or PR = Journalism?
- Embrace the wonder that is…Social Media
Share your thoughts!
Viv King on A Medley of Musical Films Viv King on PR v Journalism or PR = J… UnlollaUsem on Times Online – critical… UnlollaUsem on Review: X Factor Live at Wembl… ajhalls on Brown, Cameron or Clegg- the a…
- 20,532 hits
Bournemouth Bournemouth university branding Celebrity celebrity couple charity clubs comment concert Entertainment family feature Fiction film Football holiday Hollywood journalism Lifestyle Luxury marketing media law music news night-crime Paris photos politics Poll PR regulation reporting Riches Romance social media social networking Student students The BRIT Awards Timeline travel WAG Website Website Analysis wembley arena X Factor youtube videos
- RT @Hootsuite_UK: Relationships don't pay the bills. Find the people engaging with your content & move conversations offline. #HootEssentia… 3 days ago
- RT @Hootsuite_UK: Visibility creates opportunity: the universal mantra of social selling via @kokasexton #HootEssentials https://t.co/XhEb… 3 days ago
- #HootEssentials webinar: 'Visibility creates opportunity' #socialmedia #socialselling 3 days ago
- @Bournemouthecho I can imagine! We sure do love our pets... 😻 3 days ago
- Wow! That's a lot of #petselfies in @Bournemouthecho today. My vote goes to the horse with big nashers 🐴😬 3 days ago
- RT @DPDNursery: Wishing our Dean Park Day Nursery families a choc-tastic #Easter! We hope you have an egg-cellent day… #HappyEaster https:/… 1 week ago
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.